COPENAGHEN AND GLYPTOTEK
In a nutshell We immerse ourselves in the picturesque city of Copenhagen to discover its most characteristic places and main monuments. We cross its lively elegant districts and enchanting gardens and remain speechless in front of the artistic gems of the Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek Gallery.
Good to know
- Sightseeing tour of Copenhagen
- Little Mermaid Statue
- Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek gallery
- We set off by coach to Copenhagen’s unmistakeable symbol: the enchanting bronze sculpture that is the Little Mermaid Statue - the great protagonist of one of Hans Christian Andersen’s most famous fairy tales.
- After taking a few amazing photographs, we continue our tour among the most evocative places and monuments in the Danish capital. We drive by the Town Hall and the historic Stock Exchange admiring its characteristic spire formed by intertwined dragon tails. We then cross the charming canal in Nyhavn, the city's old port, a place boasting cafés, typical taverns and unique colourful buildings.
- We then reach Amalienborg Palace, the official residence of the Danish Royal Family and an imposing architectural complex made up of four palaces. ·
- We enjoy a pleasant break to take some beautiful photographs, then move on to the Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek gallery, displaying artistic and cultural masterpieces of inestimable value. The museum was set up by Carl Jacobsen, son of the founder of the famous beer factory Carlsberg. We admire a magnificent collection dedicated to ancient Mediterranean civilizations and then lose ourselves among the sculptures by Auguste Rodin and let ourselves by enchanted by the works of the greatest Impressionist painters. On the way back to the ship, we have the opportunity of admiring an amazing amusement park surrounded by nature - the Tivoli Gardens.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early as only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is reserved for guests who do not disembark in Copenhagen.