NORDIC WALKING IN BERGEN
An invigorating pleasant walk in the charming city of Bergen according to the Nordic walking philosophy, which combines physical activity and observation of the environment among colourful houses perched on the hills, narrow cobbled alleyways and breathtaking views over the fjord surrounded by majestic mountains.
What we will see
- Nordic walking in Bergen between majestic mountains and fascinating fjords
- Sandviken, old district with narrow cobbled alleyways
- Charming views 275 metres above sea level
What we will do
- Once off the ship, we reach our guide who briefs us on Nordic walking, which uses special walking sticks to which force must be applied with every step. It is a philosophy typical of Northern Europe that combines physical activity and observation of the environment.
- After collecting our sticks, we set off to discover this charming coastal city nicknamed the city of seven mountains due to the peaks that surround it as well as gateway to the fjords. Although it is the second largest city in Norway, it preserves the atmosphere of a provincial city full of charm and character.
- As the guide reveals various anecdotes on Bergen, we walk along the narrow cobbled alleyways leading to the various districts including Sandviken, one of the oldest parts of the city.
- We are rewarded for reaching the highest point of the itinerary located at 275 feet above sea level with enchanting views over the city and the fjord surrounded by majestic mountains.
- With our body and spirit reinvigorated by this thrilling adventure, we make our way back to the ship.
What you need to know
- This excursion will be led in English.
- The tour is entirely on foot and includes a walk of 2 hours.
- We recommend wearing sports shoes.
- You need to be physically fit to take part in this excursion.