WALK TOWARDS HUAREN
Active & adventurous, Passepartour, Less than 1 hour walking
In a nutshell A pleasant walk in close contact with nature through the enchanting Olden valley at the far end of the Nordfjord among gigantic mountains, amazing waterfalls and glistening glaciers to regenerate our minds and bodies surrounded by the tranquillity and majesty of this typical Norwegian landscape. An experience not to be missed!
Good to know
- Village of Olden in the end part of Nordfjord
- Walk in the Olden valley among giant mountains and waterfalls and to the edge of the Jostedalsbreen glacier
- Huaren belvedere with views over Olden, Loen and the innermost part of the Nordfjord
- We start our excursion in the village of Olden located in a favourable position near the estuary of the Oldeeva river in the final part of the Innvikfjord, an extension of the Nordfjord which, at 106 km, is the sixth longest fjord in Norway.
- We leave the small village harbour and venture along a path that unwinds through the forest in the amazing Olden valley. The valley extends for 19 km between gigantic mountains and amazing waterfalls as far as the edge of Jostedalsbreen, the largest glacier in continental Europe covering 487 sq km and with a thickness of up to 600 metres. The glacier branches out on the upper end of the valley between waterfalls and rivers. The moraine soil is so fertile that agriculture is the main activity in the valley.
- We continue this walk in close contact with nature as far as the Huaren belvedere 385 metres above sea level offering fantastic views over Olden, Loen (another lovely tourist destination) and the innermost part of the Nordfjord with the surrounding mountains.
- We admire the impressive fjord and views of the snowy peaks and let ourselves be lulled by the tranquillity of the unspoilt nature that surrounds us.
- After taking amazing souvenir photos of this unique panorama and regenerated our minds and bodies, we walk back to the village of Olden.
Good to know
- Minimum age: 8 years old
- There is limited availability of Italian speaking guides; if none are available, the excursion will be conducted in English.
- You need to be physically fit to take part in this excursion.