JEEP AND BEACH IN BEQUIA
Sightseen, Relax, Less than 1 hour walking, 51
In a nutshell The best way to discover the island of Bequia is by jeep followed by a blissful, relaxing stop at the beach. On this tour we offer you a chance to explore the island’s rich nature and marine traditions.
Good to know
- Transfer by Local ferry to Bequia
- Jeep tour of the island
- Lowey Bay Beach stop
- Free time in Port Elisabeth
- The Grenadine island of Bequia captures you with a unique and magical charm that is very hard to find elsewhere, on this tour we offer you a chance to explore the island’s rich historic culture and vast marine whaling traditions which are both arguably the most striking features about this beautiful island. We begin our tour in Port Elizabeth a well-known hub to sailors, yachters and tourists alike, here you will experience a tranquil harbour filled with small shops, petite guesthouses and local restaurants that cater to the carefree lifestyle for which Bequia is famous for.
- Leaving Port Elizabeth we will make our way Northwest to the late 18th century Hamilton Battery where you will not only experience its stunning views of the harbour but where you will also get a taste of history through French cannons which remain today as remnants from the chequered history that surrounds these islands. Following the Hamilton Battery we will tap into Bequia’s intricate boat building and whaling traditions with a visit to the model boat shop where you will see how the locals keep their history alive with little replicas of the islands most famous boats and yachts. We will then proceed to the land of the Irish and Scottish Descendants Mount Pleasant taking in the spectacular view of this land.
- You will then enjoy a lovely scenic drive as we make our way to the beautiful Lower Bay beach, where we will invite you to enjoy a complimentary tropical drink at a local beach bar and restaurant. Here you will be able to purchase lunch, drinks and snacks as you spend the rest of the day on the beach in paradise enjoying this very beautiful island.
Good to know
- The driver will guide the tour in English. The tour is not recommended for guests with mobility problems or those who suffer from seasickness. Lunch is not included. The tour does not include sunchairs or umbrellas.