SPEEDBOAT TO COMINO ISLAND
Nature, Beach, 2
On a speedboat to discover the Santa Maria pirate caves, the Crystal Lagoon and Blue Lagoon, where you'll enjoy some snorkeling. A certified biologist will guide you among the many aquatic plants and animals you'll see on the sea bed. And for lunch you'll taste some typical dishes like tarja moqlija, a vermicelli omelette. Don't worry, It's a kind of pasta.
- Pirate caves of Santa Maria: photo stop
- Crystal Lagoon
- Blue Lagoon
- Mellieha Bay, or Ghadira Bay, Malta's biggest beach, with a typical lunch
- Comino has only three inhabitants and is a truly pristine island. You'll reach it by speedboat with a certified biologist who will guide you among the many varieties of flora and fauna. Flying fish, rays, parrotfish and turtles, estimated to number between 5,000 and 80,000 across the Maltese archipelago, depending on migratory flows.
- A snack and welcome drink also await you on board.
- The Santa Maria Caves were once used as hideouts by pirates. You'll see them from the speedboat and stop in the Crystal Lagoon, so called because of the clarity of the water. Snorkeling here is a must, and we'll provide the equipment.
- The real star of the island is the Blue Lagoon, a natural pool with a seabed full of native plants and exotic species, such as clownfish, as in the film Nemo. You'll see it for yourself when you dive in to do some snorkeling.
- Between dives, you'll enjoy some Maltese food in a sea view restaurant at Mellieha Bay, where the chef will tell you about dishes such as bragioli, beef olives slow-cooked in wine, and tarja moqlija, an omelette made with vermicelli**.
Good to know
- Menus may vary according to season to ensure the constant high quality of the dishes served.
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.