GENOA FROM TOP TO BOTTOM
Sightseen, MyExploration, Passepartour, From 1 to 3 hours walking
A guided bus tour will introduce you to Genoa, from its most panoramic spot down to the seaside, passing through the center along the way. Take your photos at Spianata Castelletto, be a sea dog at Boccadasse, discover the elegant districts and historical monuments: from the Doge's Palace to the San Lorenzo Cathedral, up to the house of Christopher Columbus.
- Spianata Castelletto: photo stop
- District of Castelletto and Albaro
- Boccadasse: stop
- Old town: Piazza De Ferrari, Doge's Palace, Cathedral of San Lorenzo and House of Christoper Columbus (external visit)
- Take your seat on the bus: Genoa awaits you with anecdotes about the most picturesque sights retold by our expert guide.
- Climb up to Spianata Castelletto and photograph the city from above. Few people know that this belvedere stands on the site of the fortress of the same name, which was razed to the ground in a popular revolt in 1849.
- From the Castelletto district, called “kasteletu” in Ligurian dialect, your descent to the sea begins. A strategic sighting point, this district boasts many mansions and is connected to the city center by elevators and funiculars.
- Bid farewell to the higher districts of the city as you're expected in Boccadasse. Legend has it that the seaside town was founded by Spanish fishermen in or around the year 1000. Wander along its narrow streets, known as “creuze”, and past its colorful houses: you'll feel like time has stood still.
- Discover the elegant districts of Albaro and Foce by bus and stroll through the city center: from the vast Piazza De Ferrari to the Doge's Palace, the Cathedral of San Lorenzo, with its sayings and mysteries, to the outside of the house of Christopher Columbus.
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.