FULL IMMERSION IN MESSINA
Discover Messina by touring its most iconic monuments. From the largest Sicilian theater to the Santissima Annunziata dei Catalani Church and the Church Cristo Re, which has a connection with Richard the Lionheart. Gaze out over the Strait of Messina and its legends, not forgetting the Norman Cathedral, a symbol of the city.
Panoramic bus tour of the city center: Town Hall, Vittorio Emanuele Theater, Santissima Annunziata dei Catalani Church (external visit), Church of Cristo Re, Messina Court of Appeal, University Ganzirri Lakes at Cape Peloro * View of the Strait of Messina * Norman Cathedral
- Set off to conquer Messina, the longest city in Italy, with a 50-kilometer coastline.
- The bus will take you on a tour around the iconic monuments of the city: from the Vittorio Emanuele theater, the biggest in Sicily, to Palazzo Zanca, seat of the Town Hall and the Senatorial Fountain.
- Feast your eyes on the exterior of Santissima Annunziata dei Catalani Church, before proceeding to the Court of Appeal, the University of Messina and the Church of Cristo Re, built over an ancient castle that hosted Richard the Lionheart and his men on their way to the Holy Land during the Third Crusade.
- Your on-the-road tour continues to Cape Peloro: gaze at the Ganzirri Lakes and then prepare to be amazed by the view of the Strait of Messina, the mythological land of Scylla and Charybdis. If the sea is calm, you may see the 'Fata Morgana', an evocative mirage of a fairy that appears on the water.
- The last stop is a must: the Norman Cathedral with the adjacent square and the old town. Messina is an open book to you now.
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.