BOAT TRIP THROUGH HOMERIC MYTHOLOGY
Those huge rocks rising up from the sea are the islands of the Cyclops, created by the boulders that Polyphemus threw at Ulysses. And after blinding the giant, Ulysses took shelter in some nearby caves. You'll see all of this on a boat tour that takes you to the heart of Homeric legends along the legendary Cyclops Riviera. Local food tasting included.
- Islands of the Cyclops, also called Faraglioni
- 11th century Norman castle
- Caves of Ulysses
- Capomulini Bay, Timpa Nature Reserve
- Fishing village of Santa Maria la Scala
- Food tasting on board
- Experience Homeric mythology on a boat trip along the Cyclops Riviera, a coast sculpted by lava that runs from Aci Castello to Acireale. This is traditionally the setting for the clash between Ulysses and Polyphemous recounted by Homer.
- You'll sail among the mythological islands of the Cyclops, also known as Faraglioni, which according to legend were created by the boulders thrown by Polyphemus at Ulysses' fleeing ships.
- You'll pass by the 11th century Norman Castle that sits on a volcanic cliff overlooking the sea and is made of black lava rock, and then you'll step back in time to the Homeric legends at the Caves of Ulysses, where Ulysses hid after having blinded the Cyclops Polyphemus.
- Traveling towards Acireale, you'll spot the Capomulini Bay, a lava cliff overlooking the sea. At its foot is the fishing village of Santa Maria la Scala.
- On board, during the journey, you can sip a welcome drink and enjoy some local products including olives and cheeses.
Good to know
- Menus may vary according to season to ensure the constant high quality of the dishes served.
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.
- During the tour, a local guide will provide you with assistance and information.