IN THE WORLD OF BEES
Put on your overalls and become a beekeeper for a few hours. You can wander among the bee hives and help the guide harvest the honey, pollen and royal jelly. You'll hear stories about the life of bees and taste honey made that same day or other local varieties such as honey from the black Kefalonia fir. You can even get a picture of you holding a frame full of bees!
- Local honey tasting and beekeeper's snack
- Monte Enos National Park
- Guided by an expert beekeeper, you'll get a close look at the bees at work inside a hive. You'll also visit the laboratory where the honey, pollen and royal jelly are extracted. If the bees have produced honey on the day you go, you'll be able to taste it. Otherwise, you can try some other local honey.
- The trip will end with a real beekeeper's snack: tea, fresh juice, coffee, local wine, pasteli, local sesame buns, and tiropita, a typical cheesecake.
- After the food tasting, the bus will take you to Mount Enos, the highest mountain on Kefalonia and the only national park on a Greek island. Here you'll see the black Kefalonia fir, a very rare species that grows between 600 and 1600 meters above sea level.
Good to know
- The excursion is not suitable for anyone who is allergic to insect bites
- Harvesting the honey, pollen and royal jelly depends on the season and the day. If no fresh honey is available, local honey will be available to taste instead.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early