FAMILY AND FUN - TYPICAL PARTY IN A GREEK FARM (pm departure)
Green-pass required, Sightseen, Designed for families, Culture & local gems , MyExploration, Passepartour, Less than 1 hour walking, Family friendly, 52
A return to the roots of an age-old culture to discover the more genuine values of Greece at its most authentic. We will be spending a few hours in contact with nature on a typical farm, where young and old will take centre stage in the activities on the estate in a festive, family atmosphere of memorable emotions.
- Visit to a farm near Olympia
- A toast of welcome
- Activities for children
- Tasting of local products
- The Sirtaki dance
- We will leave the tiny fishing village of Katakolon and take a short walk to the typical farm near Olympia to discover Greece at its most authentic. Thanks to the owners warm welcome, we will feel at home straight away. The party begins with a toast of welcome with Ouzo, a local liqueur used to celebrate special events or just to welcome home friends and family. We will go and see how they grow olives and learn about the various activities of this family-run farm, deeply rooted in the agricultural traditions, which the people in this area have always followed to make a living.
- Our tour of the estate amidst the olive groves, vineyards and orchards will help us rediscover the health benefits of contact with the land. Of course, there'll be plenty of animals, too: lambs, sheep, ponies, dogs, cats, pheasants, peacocks, doves and hares. Our morning will end with a visit to the chicken run, where we will meet geese, birds, chickens and other animals.
- It's time for a snack and we will restore body and soul with a tasting of delicious, uniquely flavoured localproducts, accompanied by the cheerful notes of the Sirtaki, the traditional Greek dance. Anyone can join in the dancing right in the middle of this exciting Greek party. We will dance and eat with the owners in a warm, relaxing atmosphere, which reveals how important hospitality is for the Greek people. According to an ancient tradition, where families were duty bound to welcome travellers in honour of Zeus, a guest is sacred.
- We haven't forgotten the kids, who will have an unforgettable day, surrounded by nature and animals in a peaceful, serene environment. Accompanied by staff from the estate, our younger visitors will take centre stage in the farm activities. They will get to feed the ponies and help prepare some Greek salad and Souvlaki kebabs to cook on the barbecue to enjoy alongside their parents.
- Our younger guests will get a chance to become little Zorbas and join their parents on the dance floor to learn the typical Greek dance.
- After this experience full of emotions which will remain forever in our memories, we return to our ship, leaving a part of our hearts here in this authentic place, known for its spirit of friendship and deep respect.
Good to know
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- In order to guarantee the health of our guests, in compliance with the regulations and the respect of the safety protocol, the itineraries and the duration of the excursions may be subject to changes, even if not substantial.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.