SORRENTO, LAND OF THE SIRENS (pm departure)
Sightseen, MyExploration, Passepartour, Less than 1 hour walking
Be inspired by the sirens' song and discover Sorrento, famous since the time of Homer and still among the pearls of the Bay of Naples. Follow the expert guide and visit the statue of Torquato Tasso, wander through the lively streets of the city center, discover the ancient history of the Sedil Dominova, the Cathedral and the Church of San Francesco and its fairy tale cloister.
- Piazza Tasso
- Sedil Dominova
- Church of San Francesco and cloister
- Marina Grande
- Why resist the call of the sirens? Visit Sorrento on a guided tour that introduces you to the magic of this much sung about land, the beauty of which will leave you speechless.
- After a short panoramic trip around the Bay of Naples you'll come to the most well-known town on the Sorrento peninsula.
- Did you know that the first person to talk about the charms of Sorrento was Homer, in the episode of the Odyssey that tells of the encounter between Ulysses and the sirens? This “advertisement” has been attracting visitors for around 3,000 years.
- Cross the center on foot, with its many eating establishments and stores, to Piazza Tasso, where you'll find the statue dedicated to the poet born here in 1544.
- A few steps further on is the Sedil Dominova, built in the 14th century to settle disputes between noblemen, and subsequently turned into the headquarters of the Mutual Assistance Society.
- Proceed to the Cathedral and the Church of San Francesco, including an obligatory stop at the ancient cloister and a guaranteed wow moment at the view of town of Marina Grande which you can enjoy in the adjacent gardens.
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.