Panorama, PasseparTour, Shopping
Ready, bus, go: we're off in search of the most iconic corners of Corfu. Its most scenic spot, Kanoni; the minor islands of Vlachernas and Pontikonissi; the UNESCO world heritage old town with traces of its time under Venetian rule. To digest everything, a stop in a distillery to taste the local liquor made with tiny citrus fruits called kumquats.
- Kanoni, Pontikonisi, Vlacherna Monastery, sightseeing tour
- Garitsa Bay
- Corfu Town: old town, Old Fortress, Durrell Gardens, Spianada Square, Town Hall, church of Saint Spyridon.
- Charge your camera for a sightseeing tour that includes the most characteristics sites on the island of Corfu. After the first movie-worthy views from the bus, the Kanoni peninsula presents the spectacle of Garitsa Bay and the two minor islands of Corfu.
- The first is home to the white Vlachernas Monastery and lies at the end of a jetty. The second is Pontikonissi, or Mouse Island: legend has it that the island was created by Poseidon when he turned the Phaeacians' ship to stone after they helped Ulysses to make his escape. Visit the old town of Corfu, a UNESCO heritage site. From Spianada, the second largest town square in Europe, where cricket is still played, you can enter the 15th-century Old Venetian Fortress, as well as the Durrell Gardens, the Town Hall and the church of Saint Spyridon*, the city's patron saint.
- What kind of sightseeing would it be without some local flavors? You're invited to a local distillery to taste some kumquat liquor, made with the tiny citrus fruits that are symbolic of Corfu.
Good to know
- Wear suitable clothing for the places of worship you will be visiting.
- No photography/filming or talking is allowed inside the Church of Saint Spyridon.
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- This excursion is suitable if you have mild mobility impairment and can walk short distances unassisted. If you are a wheelchair user, the presence of a companion, not provided by the ship, is required. Most of our operators require wheelchairs to be foldable. However, in some ports there may not be adequate space to accommodate wheelchairs on the bus. Please therefore inform the on-board excursions office manager immediately after boarding to immediately reserve your seat on the bus before the tour begins.