PANORAMIC TOUR OF MARSEILLE
Panorama, PasseparTour, Adagio Tour
In a nutshell AdagioTour is an experience created in collaboration with Costa Crociere Foundationand Aism to meet the needs of guests who would like a “slower” pace to bettersavour the stops and their sights on itineraries with minimum architecturalbarriers. An excursion in what is considered the capital of theSouth of France: a sightseeing tour of Marseille’s main landmarks and a walk with our guide through the 'Vieux Port'. The 'Adagio Tour' version of this excursion is available exclusively on Costa Smeralda.
Good to know
- Longchamps Palace
- 'La Corniche' seafront promenade
- Sainte-Marie-Majeure Cathedral, Fort Saint-Jean, Church of Saint-Laurent (externalvisit) and Basilica of Notre-Dame de la Garde
- The Old Port
- We start our excursion driving along thefamous “Corniche Kennedy”, Marseille’s seafront promenade with a fantastic view of the islands at the entrance to the port, and proceed up to Palace Longchamps where we stop briefly to take some photos.
- We set off again and make our way to the Neo-Byzantine Cathedral of Sainte-Marie-Majeure,where we make another stop to take more photographs.
- Our route then takes us to Fort Saint-Jean, built in 1660 by Louis XIV, the church ofSaint-Laurent, a fine example of Provençal Romanesque architecture and the Basilica of Notre-Dame de la Garde which commands splendid views of the city. A lift over serving 6 floors with Braille buttons enables us to avoid 120 steps and a steep climb. The basilica features accessible toilets and entrances suitable for wheelchairs users. The accessible entrance to the panoramic section is on the left-hand side of the church.
- At the end of the tour, the coach will drop us off at the Old Port area, where we have a walk with our guide discovering the “Vieux Port”.
Good to know
- Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- Disable guests need to beescorted by an accompanying person.
- For those guests with wheel chair, the reservation of the Adagio tour need to be done exclusively through your cruise reservation agent.
- In order to guarantee the health of our guests, in compliance with the regulations and the respect of the safety protocol, the itineraries and the duration of the excursions may be subject to changes, even if not substantial.