ARGOSTOLI AT A STROLL (pm departure)
Sightseen, Culture & local gems , MyExploration, Passepartour, From 1 to 3 hours walking
A walking tour of Argostoli, listening to the stories told by the guide, takes you step by step to the most iconic sights of the capital of Kefalonia: from the history of the Focas-Cosmetatos Museum to life in Vallianos Square, from the trees in the Napier Garden to the Bosset Bridge, and on to Lithotroto, the beating heart of the city.
- City center: Focas-Cosmetatos Museum: external visit, Vallianos Square, Napier Garden
- Seafront promenade
- Bosset Bridge, stone obelisk: photo stop
- Wear comfortable shoes and arm yourself with curiosity: Argostoli, capital of the island of Kefalonia, is the ideal place if you love discovering places and their culture at a slow pace.
- You'll set off from the Focas-Cosmetatos Museum, one of the few survivors of the 1953 earthquake. From its external architecture you can imagine the atmosphere of the time.
- Crossing Vallianos Square, the biggest in the city center, you'll come to the Napier Garden: an urban oasis commissioned by a nature-loving British governor at the beginning of the 19th century.
- Change of scenery: the seafront promenade lined with palm trees affords a view of the dock, the fish market and, if you're lucky, loggerhead sea turtles looking for food from the fishermen.
- The 1813 De Bosset Bridge is the longest stone bridge over the sea in the world, as well as the perfect place to stop for a picture of the whole Kutavos lagoon and the ancient British obelisk.
- If you like shopping, you can feast your eyes on shop windows along Lithotroto, the grand avenue famous for its boutiques, cafés and restaurants.
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- Limited number of Italian guides: if none are available, you will be accompanied by a guide who will conduct the tour in English.