DEVIL'S SADDLE AND POETTO BEACH (pm departure)
Bays, caves, coves... and back again! This is the Sardinia to enjoy: sailing on the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Cagliari, from Sant'Elia Bay to the Devil's Saddle and Poetto Beach, the most beautiful and trendy beach of the whole area. An aperitif would be just perfect now. Don't you think we've thought about that?
- Borgo Sant'Elia
- Cliffs, inlets and caves: the Grotta dei Colombi
- Swimming at Cala Fighera
- Devil's Saddle
- Aperitif opposite Marina Piccola
- Set off by boat for your excursion from the port of Cagliari and follow the coast to Borgo Sant'Elia. It goes without saying that coves, caves and imposing cliffs dominate the landscape here. The Grotta dei Colombi is the realm of the wild rock pigeons that once nested there and is accessible only from the sea. And that is just what we are doing!
- We'll continue sailing toward Cala Fighera. Fancy some swimming? There's plenty of time and this location is worthy of it. Then it's time to explore the Devil's Saddle, the headland that separates the Poetto and Calamosca beaches. This place is said to have originated from a biblical legend. Enchanted by the beauty of the sea here, Lucifer wanted to take possession of it at all costs. But in a battle against the soldiers of the archangel Michael, the demon was thrown from his horse and lost his saddle, which came to rest on the waters of the gulf and turned into stone.
- It's time for an aperitif. We'll enjoy it as we watch the sun, the sea and Poetto beach, one of the centers of Cagliari's summer nightlife.
Good to know
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.
- The boat crew will provide assistance and information during the tour.
- Minimum age: 4 years
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.
- The excursion may take place in the morning or afternoon.