LIKE AN ANCIENT ROMAN IN THE PORTS OF THE EMPIRE
You'll be discovering the traditions, work and daily life of the inhabitants of the Roman Empire. Where? In the archaeological area of Ostia Antica and the Ports of Claudius and Trajan. It's a busy schedule but your energy will be boosted by a fish lunch in the gourmet bistro 4112 by starred chef Lele Usai.
- Ostia Antica Archaeological Park
- Lunch at Bistrot 4112 by starred chef Lele Usai
- The Ports of Claudius and Trajan
- You'll discover what daily life was like in the ports of the Roman Empire and, accompanied by a specialized guide, you'll explore two archaeological sites: Ostia Antica, a city of commerce, river port and large settlement, and the Ports of Claudius and Trajan. Thanks to their excellent state of preservation, you'll experience a real journey back in time.
- Between the two visits, a fish lunch awaits you on the riverside at chef Lele Usai's Michelin star bistro 4112.
- This well-furnished establishment, with a large outdoor terrace, serves fresh food closely connected to the traditions of the area. The menu reflects the seasonal produce and ingredients available at the local fish market.
Good to know
- If the Imperial Ports of Claudius and Trajan are closed, you'll visit the Necropolis of Porto, where, thanks to the inscriptions and bas-reliefs, more than 100 tombs illustrate the life, vices and virtues of the people who lived in the ports of the Roman Empire or the Renaissance town of Ostia, with frescoes by Baldassarre Peruzz.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.