CHIC DINNER AND NIGHT-TIME VIEWS: ISTANBUL IS SERVED
An exclusive dinner in one of the most elegant restaurants in Istanbul: enjoy the great classics of southern Anatolian cooking and the magic of the Arabian nights. Capture the best view of the historic peninsula and the Golden Horn, discover Turkish traditions from starters to desserts, then take a guided tour of the sparkling city lights.
- Turkish dinner at the Mesai Karaköy
- Get dressed up and indulge your curiosity about the flavors and cultures of the world: there's a table waiting for you at the Mesai Karaköy, one of the most elegant restaurants in Istanbul.
- Meet our guide on the quay, then go straight to dinner. Before taking your seat, feast your eyes on the best view in the city: the Golden Horn and the peninsula of Sultanahmet, the former Constantinople. The chef will serve you the traditional dishes of southern Anatolia, the ones connected with local customs.
- Real Turks start with a meze, an selection of tiny hors d'oeuvres including pilav, cheese and vegetables. If you think you know hummus, think again. And there's no lack of yogurt or “yoğurt” in Turkish: it was invented here. * Vegetables are a must: eggplant, artichokes and bell peppers cooked according to traditional recipes, including “Kibbeh” with smoked bell peppers. There's also lamb cooked in a tandoor: a vertical terracotta cylinder.
- Make sure you leave a space for baklava, the most popular sweets in Ottoman cooking, ice-cream and seasonal fruits.
- The dinner may be over, but the evening is not: gazing at the sparkling lights of Istanbul at night is like seeing the city for the first time.
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.