YOUR FIRST GLASS MASTERPIECE AND THE BLUE MOSQUE
Culture & local gems, Less than 1 hour walking, Certified guide
Release your creative spirit and take part in a glassmaking workshop with teacher Yasemin Aslan Bakiri, a real institution in this field. We look forward to welcoming you at the Camhane Art Center: study glassmaking techniques and receive your participation certificate. We'll celebrate it by offering you a delicious snack, before visiting the Blue Mosque.
- Camhane Art Center
- Glassmaking workshop with artist Yasemin Aslan Bakiri and a snack
- Blue Mosque
- You're expected at the Camhane Art Center, a modern glassmaking art center created by restoring a historic building in Balat, one of the most ancient neighborhoods of Istanbul. It's the first stop on your tour.
- Explore the rooms on the first and second floors for some inspiration: soon you'll be making your own pieces. We've signed you up for a glassmaking workshop during which you'll learn the secrets of glass melting and cold cutting and how to handle, assemble and color glass.
- Don't worry, you'll have an exceptional teacher. Yasemin Aslan Bakiri is a world-famous artist. She'll guide you from designing to firing your piece in the oven, helping you create your very own work of art, which you will take home as a souvenir.
- And to reward you for all the hard work, we've prepared an artist's snack to enjoy, including cakes and drinks, plus a participation certificate signed by the teacher.
- From your first work of art in glass to a true masterpiece: the Sultan Ahmed I Mosque, also known as the Blue Mosque, due to the 21,043 turquoise tiles covering its interior, the only one in the world to boast six minarets.
Good to know
- Wear suitable clothing for the places of worship you will be visiting.
- If you want to enter the mosque, remember that you must cover your shoulders and your legs down to your knees, and remove your shoes.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.