IN A 4x4 ON THE BODRUM HILLS
Inland Bodrum as few people see it: traveling in a 4x4. You'll take the less traveled roads that link rural villages where nothing has changed in centuries, from Camlik to Camarasi and Etrim, via the turtle lake. Stopping off to take photos along the way, so you can take home a souvenir of nature and of life, the real life of local people.
- In a 4x4 to the villages of Camlik, Camarasi and Etrim
- Turtle lake
- Can you hear the roar of the engines? Your convoy is ready to leave: Hop aboard the off-road vehicle with one of our drivers and prepare for an adventure in the Yaran Mountains of inland Bodrum.
- Your first stop will be the village of Camlik, surrounded by pine forests, olive groves and mandarin trees. It was built in the seventeenth century, when a nomadic tribe decided to settle in a place that was sheltered from pirate attacks. Handmade carpets are still the order of the day here.
- After a stop at Turtle Lake which, as the name suggests, is a photogenic lake inhabited by turtles, you'll proceed to the dirt tracks and minor roads leading to Camarasi, another town where time seems to have stood still.
- Your journey continues towards Etrim: with its stone houses it is one of the oldest and unspoilt villages on the peninsula and was first established five hundred years ago. If you're fascinated by carpets that are woven and dyed by hand, this the place for you: you can see weavers at work and buy a unique piece.
- With all the panoramic views of the Aegean and the hills, streams and goats, your smartphone won't get a moment's rest.