Sightseen, Relax, Designed for families, MyExploration, Passepartour, Less than 1 hour walking, Family friendly, Designed for special needs
Marseilles is considered the capital of southern France. Our scenic bus tour gives you the chance to admire its main attractions in complete relaxation and to take a walk to the “Old Port” in the company of our guide.
- Palais Longchamp
- 'La Corniche' seafront promenade
- Cathedral of Sainte-Marie-Majeure: photo stop
- Church of Saint-Laurent: external visit
- Saint-Jean Fort and Basilica of Notre-Dame de la Garde
- Vieux Port
- La Corniche, dedicated to President John Fitzgerald Kennedy, is a promenade that affords an exceptional view of the islands extending from the Plage des Catalans, not far from the old port, to the Prado Park by the sea. Here you'll also find the longest bench in the world at almost three kilometers.
- You'll arrive at the Palais Longchamp, where we'll stop briefly to take a few photos.
- Your visit will continue at the neo-Byzantine style Sainte-Marie-Majeure Cathedral. Before you stands the Saint-Jean Fort, built by Louis XV in 1660, the church of Saint-Laurent, a beautiful example of Romanesque Provençal architecture and, finally, the Basilica of Notre-Dame de la Garde, reached by climbing 120 steps, although there are also elevators and ramps for disabled visitors. It's worth the climb because the view is unique.
- At the end of the tour, the bus will drop you off in the Old Port area for a walk with your guide to discover the “Vieux Port” in among the hundreds of moored boats.
Good to know
- Wear suitable clothing for the places of worship you will be visiting.
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.