CONCERT IN THE DRAGON CAVES AND MAJORCAN PEARLS
One excursion, two pearls, in the true sense of the word. As you enter the Dragon Caves, a floating orchestra will perform a classical music concert for you. Immediately after this, you'll visit a factory making Majorcan pearls: as beautiful as the real thing.
- Dragon Cave, classical music concert
- Palma pearls
- Your adventure starts at Porto Cristo, on the eastern coast of Majorca. Here a huge complex of underground caves and lakes known as the Dragon Caves awaits you.
- You will walk towards the Martel lake, which at 117 meters long and 30 meters wide, is one of the biggest in the world. You'll come into a natural amphitheater that can accommodate up to 1000 people and where the acoustics are crystal clear.
- A quartet of cello, harpsichord and violins will play several pieces of classical music for you. All of this surrounded by the beautiful dancing lights and reflections in the water: truly magical.
- Right after this we'll take you to the nearby Majorica factory, famous the world over for making imitation pearls that even experts struggle to distinguish from the real thing. This authentic craftsmanship dates back to the end of the 19th century. The temptation to take some home as a souvenir is irresistible.
Good to know
During the tour, you can take photos and film without using a flash or tripod. No photography or filming is allowed during the concert.
Transfer time from the port to the Caves is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
The Dragon Caves wind their way underground and are reached by descending flights of steps cut into the earth, which are not always dry.