St. Cruz de Tenerife
A TASTE OF CULTURE, LANDCAPES AND TYPICAL PRODUCTS OF TENERIFE
Panorama, PasseparTour, Culture, 1
In a nutshell Immersion into the history and culture of Tenerife without overlooking the natural landscape and gastronomic sphere with a taster session of typical local products. An experience to satisfy all tastes!
Good to know
- La Laguna: Real Santuario del Cristo and Calle Obispo Rey
- Tacoronte and tasting session in a 'cellar'
- Upon leaving the ship, we will head north to arrive in La Laguna, ancient capital of the island of Tenerife and currently a UNESCO Heritage Site. Our walking tour of the small town will begin at the Santuario del Cristo, a Franciscan convent of the 600s, and then will continue along Calle Obispo Rey, a beautiful road aligned with aristocrat buildings from the 700s boasting impressive façades.
- We will depart from La Laguna and head towards the extremely fertile agricultural area of Tacoronte, considered the wine capital owing to its famous vineyards and excellent grape production. We will stop here for a tasting session in a typical 'bodega', an old cellar where, amongst wine barrels, typical cold meats and cheeses, we can try the delicious local wines, accompanied by the scrumptious typical product snacks.
- Once the tasting session is over, we will head back via the motorway.
Good to know
- The planned panoramic itinerary includes a number of curves and hairpin bends.
- In this excursion we reach an altitude of 1,100 meters, it is therefore recommended to wear appropriate clothing.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with walking difficulties, as there are long stretches on foot.