AN UNFORGETTABLE EXCURSION AMONGST THE VALENCIAN ORANGE GROVES
Sightseen, Culture & local gems , Less than 1 hour walking, 52
In a nutshell An excursion dedicated to the Valencia territory and, in particular, to a tradition that has made it famous all over the world - orange cultivation. There is no place better than a traditional finca to learn about all the cultivation steps of this important fruit to fully delve into the territory’s aromas, colours and history, followed by a short visit to the picturesque town of El Palmar.
Good to know
- Tour of a traditional Valencian finca
- Orange cultivation
- Orange and Rice Museum
- Tasting of local products
- Characteristic town of El Palmar (Free time)
- We get on our coach and cross the amazing region of Valencia, famous all over the world for orange cultivation. Our destination is a finca, a traditional estate surrounded by countryside. The locals are waiting to help us discover the local territory by illustrating the estate’s architecture and history as well as how the ancient mill works. As we continue our tour of the rice paddies and orange groves while listening to our exceptional guides, We catch sight of the Castle of Corbera in the distance, an ancient Arab fortress dating back to the 11th century.
- Depending on the season, we can see the oranges either being harvested or packaged before enjoying a short visit to the Rice and Orange Museum to learn more about the working tools once used for cultivation. After our visit, the time has come to taste a few local products.
- We return to our coach for a 30 minute transfer to El Palmar, a picturesque town inside the Albufera National Park. The small fishing town surrounded by canals is known for having inspired the Spanish author Vicente Blasco Ibáñez. We take advantage of the free time available to wander around before getting back to our coach and to the ship.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.