PANORAMIC TOUR OF LA CORUÑA
Sightseen, Culture & local gems , From 1 to 3 hours walking, 52
In a nutshell A scenic tour that touches on the main points of interest in the city, with enchanting views of the most famous and popular beaches of La Coruña.
Good to know .
- Riazor and Orzán beaches, Domus , Aquarium Finisterrae
- Tower of Hercules
- St. Anthony's Castle
- Old Quarter
- Betanzos Estuary
- We leave the port by coach passing along Mendez Nuñez Gardens, some of the oldest gardens in the city, dating back to the 19th century which are enhanced by a number of monuments and emblematic modernist buildings such as La Terraza or the Quiosco Alfonso
- At the Old Quarter we will walk along these old streets ending at Plaza de Maria Pita, one of the main sites of the Crystal city.
- We then continue by coach along the coast passin by St. Anthony's Castle; originally built as an island fortress, the castle is now an archaeological museum connected to the city by a strip of land.
- We proceed to the nearby Tower of Hercules, the only lighthouse in the world built by the Romans that is still in use today. We stop in this enchanting place to capture the tower in our souvenir photos. This symbol of the city even figures on the La Coruña coat of arms with the bones of Geryon, a giant who, according to the legend, was killed by Hercules and is buried below the lighthouse.
- We then pass in front of Domus - House of Man, the first interactive museum devoted to the human being, located in a futuristic building designed by the Japanese architect Arata Isozaki.
- We see the beautiful beaches of Riazor and Orzán and the more famous and crowded beaches of La Coruna as we drive along.
- Finally, we admire the breath-taking panoramic view of las Rìas (the estuaries) arriving at a local restaurant where we will enjoy nice tapas together with an amazing view of the mouth of the Ria de Betanzos into the ocean.
Good to know .