MONDELLO & PALERMO: SUNBATHING AND ART
A day split between Mondello beach and downtown Palermo. We'll arrange the beach lounger and umbrella, you just focus on the essential: the sea and your tan. Then set off to discover the places that the people of Palermo love the most: from the Favorita Park to Palermo's 'sitting room' on Via Ruggero and the Massimo Theater, the biggest by name and by size.
- Favorita Park
- Mondello beach
- Downtown Palermo: Via della Libertà, Via Ruggero Settimo
- Politeama Theater
- Massimo Theater
- Originally a fishing village, Mondello, or Munneddu in Sicilian, has become a well-known beach resort, and is just a couple of miles from downtown Palermo. * Getting there is a pleasure in itself: along coastal roads and through the Favorita Park, an ancient hunting reserve of the Bourbon King Ferdinand III and now part of the Mount Pellegrino Nature Reserve.
- After passing through Palermo's 'green lung', you'll arrive at Mondello beach, with its iconic pastel-colored wooden beach cabins. Your reserved beach lounger and umbrella will be there waiting for you, all you need to do is decide how you want to have fun.
- After getting your fill of sunshine, downtown Palermo awaits. You will see the aristocratic buildings of Via della Libertà to the Pompeian style Politeama Theater.
- To understand the city, “u paìsi' in Sicilian, you need to walk down Via Ruggero Settimo, Palermo's “sitting room”, where you'll find everything and everyone. Including the Massimo Theater, Italy's biggest opera house.
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.
- We provide umbrellas and beach loungers for adults. Children will share their parents' beach lounger.
- During the tour, a local guide will provide assistance and information in English and Italian.