A TREK IN THE ENCHANTING VOLCANIC LANDSCAPE OF SETE CIDADES
In a nutshell A thrilling adventure in a place where magma and lapilli used to dominate in the past and now home to two amazing volcanic lakes of different colours - one green and one blue - with a final stop in a lush botanical garden and an interesting pineapple plantation.
Good to know
- Sightseeing coach tour among picturesque towns
- Trek on the Sete Cidades massif
- Crater and volcanic lakes
- António Borges Botanical Gardens
- Local pineapple plantation
- We leave the port behind us by coach and drive along the coastal road that winds its way from Ponta Delgada through the many picturesque towns found along the way toFeteiras.
- Once in this small town, we start our climb to the top of the Sete Cidades massif to reach the crater of the now-extinct volcano now home to two spectacular lakes of a different colour, the Green Lake and the Blue Lake.
- On the way back, we visit the António Borges Botanical Gardens, a precious gem boasting rare and exotic plants.
- The tour ends with an interesting visit to a local pineapple plantation.
Good to know
- You must be physically fit.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.