ARRÁBIDA NATURE PARK WITH WINE TASTING SESSION
Green-pass required, Sightseen, Culture & local gems , MyExploration, Passepartour, Less than 1 hour walking, 52
Let us admire the rural landscape and unspoilt nature just outside Lisbon in the lovely Arrábida Nature Park, where the ocean meets the Mediterranean scrub. We also stop in a charming fishing town and visit a winery where we will toast with a glass of excellent wine. GREEN PASS IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EXCURSION, PLEASE CARRY IT WITH YOU. IN CASE YOU DO NOT HAVE IT, YOU CAN OBTAIN IT ONBOARD.
- 25 de Abril bridge
- Stop at Sesimbra
- Arrábida Nature Park
- Azeitão: winery and wine tasting session
- We leave the city of Lisbon on our coach and head south through the estuary of the river Tagus crossing the famous 25 de Abril bridge, one of the longest suspended bridges in the world that stands out for its red colour against the blue water backdrop.
- We stop over in the picturesque town of Sesimbra, a lovely resort located in a secluded bay where fishing is still an activity of primary importance.
- We get back on our coach and venture into the amazing Arrábida Nature Park stretching between the blue ocean and green mountains and offering one of the most spectacular views of the coast just outside Lisbon. The reserve safeguards the Mediterranean shrub, generated by the microclimate of the Serra de Arrábida and its proximity to the sea.
- We then continue towards Azeitão, a small town at the edge of the nature park surrounded by olive groves and vineyards that cover the gentle hills of the Portuguese countryside.
- We stop in a winery, where we learn how the famous local wines are produced and enjoy a delicious tasting session of this “Nectar of the gods”, ending an exceptional day with a cheerful toast.
Good to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.