MARINE WILDLIFE OBSERVATION
In a nutshell
Good to know
A hike in the richest marine areas of Madeira, located in the southern part of the archipelago. An unforgettable adventure to discover the most popular marine mammals: dolphins and whales.
- Rota dos Cetáceos
- We visit the Rota dos Cetáceos, the
'Cetacean Route' where descendants of an ancient family of whalers
were using old methods to hunt the whales through observation points along the
coast and, using huge telescopes to observe the sea every day.
- In full
respect of the animals and in a completely natural environment, we follow the
route of observation of cetaceans aboard a boat, accompanied by a marine
biologist who explains the different aspects of the observed species.
- This experience is recommended to all adventure lovers and persons who would love to observe these amazing marine mammals in their natural habitat.
Good to know
- Space is limited, so please reserve early.
- This eco-adventure is designed for adventurous, active people who are in good health and like to watch marine mammals in their own environment, getting on a small boat is involved.
- This tour is not recommended for Guests who suffer from seasickness and for pregnant women.
- Kindly take note that animals watching is not guaranteed as they are on nature.
- Min. age for this tour is 6 years.
- The visit will be carried out on a small
- The excursion includes the presence of a companion biologist who speaks English.