THE HOLY CITY
Culture & local gems , Less than 1 hour walking, 50
On a private train to the most precious treasures of the Christian religion. the Scala Sancta that led Jesus to Pontius Pilate, the portrait of the Redeemer created by the angels, the Sancta Sanctorum Chapel which you can only visit with us. And the unmissable St. Peter's Basilica. All this culture makes you hungry. So here's a traditional Roman lunch to enjoy.
- Trastevere, Janiculum, Pyramid of Caius Cestius and Baths of Caracalla
- The Basilica of St. John Lateran and Altar of the Holy Sacrament
- Sancta Sanctorum Chapel: private visit
- Scala Sancta with traditional lunch
- St. Peter's Square and St. Peter's Basilica, external visit
- Take a seat on the Rome Express, the private train that takes you to St. Peter's in a flash. The train is both fast and comfortable, giving you ample time to visit the main holy sites of the capital.
- Let's begin with the postcard views: the district of Trastevere, the Pyramid of Caius Cestius, the Baths of Caracalla. On Janiculum hill you'll find the most beautiful views of the city and the Acqua Paola fountain, where the film “The Great Beauty” begins.
- The Basilica of St. John Lateran, the oldest church in Rome, is an absolute must-see. On the altar of the Holy Sacrament, admire a fragment from the table of the last supper.
- Inside the Sancta Sanctorum, opened exclusively for Costa, enter the Pope's private chapel where the ancient icon of the Redeemer ordered from St. Luke but created by the angels is kept, then look up the 28 steps of the Scala Sancta that led Jesus to Pontius Pilate.
- It is jaw-dropping but now it's time for some “saltimbocca alla romana” and much more.
- After this traditional lunch, we'll arrive at St. Peter's Basilica, the center of Christianity and an artistic masterpiece, framed by Bernini's colonnade, our guide will provide suggestions for this visit.
Good to know
- Wear suitable clothing for the places of worship you will be visiting.
- Menus may vary according to season to ensure the constant high quality of the dishes served.
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to safeguard your health and comply with regulations and the safety protocol.