ROME BY EXPRESS TRAIN
Board the Rome Express, the private train that speeds you straight to St. Peter's for a full day in the capital. You're free to choose your ideal tour: Toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain, discover the wonders and secrets of St. Peter's Basilica, or have fun spotting famous movie locations.
- Rome city center
- St. Peter's Square and Basilica
- Main streets, monuments and squares
- Let's start with 2 words: speed and comfort The fast comfortable Rome Express is a private vintage train that takes you straight from Civitavecchia to Rome, where our expert guide will give you all the information you need to spend a memorable full day in Rome however you prefer.
- Do you know St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican? Walk up the 186.36 meter central nave, pausing to admire masterpieces such as Michelangelo's Pietà and Bernini's Baldachin. Climb the 537 steps to the top of the dome and gaze over the city and the Vatican gardens below.
- St. Peter's Square also has its fair share of monuments: the obelisk, the fountains, the statues, and Bernini's colonnade which, viewed from a particular spot, appears to have just one row of columns instead of four.
- Change of area and change of art. Live the Dolce Vita sipping a coffee on Via Vittorio Veneto or making a wish in front of the Trevi Fountain. Enjoy a pizza or a Roman supplì in Trastevere, amid the narrow streets seen in Roman Holiday, or pick out the terraces where the film The Great Beauty was shot.
Good to know
- During the tour, a local guide will provide you with assistance and information.
- Wear suitable clothing for the places of worship you will be visiting.
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.