EXPLORING MYKONOS BY 4X4
Mykonos captivates us with its spectacular views, picturesque villages and beaches of rare beauty. We explore the island by 4x4 to discover some of the more unusual places on the island. This will be followed by a walk around its cosmopolitan, yet picturesque main town, full of art and culture.
What we will see
- Cape Armenistis Lighthouse
- Agios Sostis (panoramic tour)
- Ano Mera, Monastery of Panagia Tourliani and tasting menu of Greek specialities in a local taverna
- Town of Mykonos (at leisure)
What we will do
- Our local tour guide will be waiting for us at the harbour to show us the 4x4 that we will use to explore some of the most beautiful yet lesser known places on the island. We stop briefly at the Cape Armenistis lighthouse, where there is a breathtaking view of the cliffs on the northern coast of the island and of the nearby island of Delo.
- Our tour continues in the direction of the beautiful, wild bay of Agios Sostis, as we arrive in Ano Mera, a picturesque village in the heart of Mykonos. Its main square is dominated by the distinctive Monastery of Panagia Tourliani. We can then delight our palate by savouring some Greek specialities on the tasting menu in one of the numerous local tavernas.
- Back on our 4x4, we can admire Mykonos from high up during our journey, as picture postcard scenery opens up before us. With its typical white houses and famous windmills, rendered all the more magical with the colours of the sunset, the sight of the town will take our breath away.
- When we are in the vicinity of the town centre, we abandon our 4x4 and, following our tour guide, to explore every corner of the town. Before leaving the island, it is worth visiting the magical atmosphere of the district known as Little Venice, where the houses have marvellous, long balconies, brightly coloured doors and windows, with their foundations resting in the water.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. So please book early.
- This excursion does not include a guide but a local escort.
- It is not possible to carry strollers inside the 4x4 .
- To drive you must have been in possession of a valid driving license for at least 3 years, be over the age of 23 and sign a rental agreement that includes insurance before starting off. For no EU guests an international license is required.
- The excursion is not recommended for pregnant women or guests with back problems.
- 4x4 may be soft-top or hard-top.
- Minimum age: 4 years old.
- The 4x4 have a manual gearbox (not automatic).
- In order to guarantee the health of our guests, in compliance with the regulations and the respect of the safety protocol, the itineraries and the duration of the excursions may be subject to changes, even if not substantial.