4X4 ACROSS THE ISLAND
On this off-road tour of the island you'll discover that the most exciting roads to travel are dirt roads. And there are viewpoints where you'll want to take a thousand selfies. They include the Armenisti Lighthouse and its marine headland. Do adventures make you hungry? Discover what taramosalata is in a typical taverna in Ano Mera.
- Armenisti headland lighthouse
- Agios Sostis: sightseeing tour
- Ano Mera, Monastery of Panagia Tourliani and food tasting in a typical taverna
- City of Mykonos
- Some of the roads on Mykonos are only suitable for a 4x4. You'll board yours at the port of Tourlos after a briefing with our local guide.
- Get ready: with all the photos and videos you'll post on Instagram, your friends will know every detail of your holiday before you even get back home.
- In the north, after bouncing around a little on the local dirt roads, you'll find yourself at a headland on which stands the Armenisti Lighthouse, with the Aegean Sea and the Island of Tinos in the background. Here, far from the bustle of the city, the only sounds you'll hear are the birds, toads and wild rabbits.
- Back on the 4x4, you'll set off for the wild cove of Agios Sostis. Before you lies the large bay of Panormos and a distinctive little white church with a red roof.
- Then it's onward to Ano Mera. With a stop to visit the village and the monastery of Panagia Tourliani. Here you will also experience a food tasting in a local taverna to try taramosalata, a creamy fish roe meze.
- If you have 4-wheel drive, you need to use it: so coming up next is a climb to the highest point on Mykonos to admire the view of the island's little white houses and windmills.
- Then it's straight to Chora . If the island's capital feels like a maze, that's because it was done on purpose to discourage pirates. Don't miss Little Venice.
Good to know
- During the tour, a local guide will provide you with assistance and information.
- The 4x4s can accommodate 4 people, you may have to share the vehicle with other passengers.
- Strollers cannot be carried in the 4x4s.
- Before departure, all drivers must show a valid driver's license and sign a rental agreement that includes insurance.
- To be able to drive you must be at least 23 and have held a driver's license for at least 3 years.
- The 4x4s have manual (not automatic) transmission and may be opened and/or closed.
- Minimum age: 4 years.
- The excursion is unsuitable for people with back problems or pregnant women.
- A shuttle bus is available for your return journey back to the ship.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.