LINDOS, ACROPOLIS AND ANCIENT RHODES
In a nutshell A unique occasion to discover two gems in one day - Lindos, a charming and evocative town dominated by the Acropolis, and the city of Rhodes, rich in history, art and culture.
Good to know
- Lindos, Acropolis
- City of Rhodes, Knights Road, Palace of the Grand Master
- 56 km from the city of Rhodes, we will find Lindos, the 'gem of the island', a charming town characterised by a maze of cobbled streets and characteristic 16th-century white houses that house typical local taverns and shops. We will wander around the maze of alleys and savour the atmosphere away from the chaos and traffic, as cars are not allowed.
- We will then continue towards the promontory, where we will find the Acropolis with its colonnade, the temple of Athena and the remains of the Sacred Way. The view is truly breathtaking, stretching from the citadel to the sea and to the surrounding bays.
- Before leaving this gem, we will have the chance to take a look at the shops for souvenirs.
- For lunch, we will stop at a fantastic hotel on our way to Rhodes to taste the local dishes.
- Once in Rhodes, our first stop is the old city - we will walk along the Knights Road, a true 'open-air museum' dating back to the Gothic period, and reach the Palace of the Grand Master, an imposing fortress with magnificent mosaics dating back to Roman times.
- Before heading back to the ship, we will have some free time to wander around the charming Medieval streets of Rhodes, a genuine paradise for shopping lovers with jewellery, ceramic, souvenir and leather goods shops.
Good to know
- The car park is a 10-minute walk from the town of Lindos.
- There is a considerable number of steps to reach the Acropolis.
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.