OIA, A POSTCARD FROM THE CYCLADES
Sightseen, Designed for families, My Explorations, Passepartour, Less than 1 hour walking
On a cliff top, at the north-western end of the island, stands Oia, Santorini's most beautiful village. Make the most of your visit to stroll up and down the steps and alleys and browse around the craft shops. From above you'll have a unique view of the caldera, the beaches below and the nearby islands of Folegandros and Sikinos.
- Athinios harbor
- Village of Oia
- Ammoudi and Armeni beaches: panoramic view
- On a launch to Athinios harbor, then by bus to the village of Oia.
- Up and down marble-paved alleys, with white houses and flower-filled balconies, windmills and small churches with blue domed roofs: the quintessential Cycladic village.
- By the end of the tour, you'll be able to distinguish the different types of houses; the kapetanospita of the rich, built mostly for ship captains who traded around the world, and the iposkafa, dug out of the volcanic rock, set one above the other and intended for the poorer social classes.
- On the cliff top, an unbeatable view awaits you of the Santorini caldera, the summit of the volcano that sank into the sea. And a spectacular panorama of the nearby islands of Folegandros and Sikinos.
- Also from above you'll see Ammoudi and Armeni , the village's two tiny pebble beaches, famous for their clear, warm water.
Good to know
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.