THE ACROPOLIS AND PLAKA
We step back in time into the history of the Acropolis, the monument to Greek civilisation, and then become acquainted with the beating heart of modern Athens, where ancient monuments alternate with modern buildings. We visit the city's most picturesque neighbourhood, Plaka.
- Port of Zea (panoramic tour)
- Acropolis, Parthenon
- Athens, Panathenaic Stadium (photo stop), University, National Academy (panoramic tour)
- Tower of the Winds, Ancient Agora, Choragic Monument to Lisicratus (panoramic tour)
- After leaving the port of Piraeus, we drive by coach past the naval port of Zea. It was built by Themistocles as a defence against the Persian Empire in the early 5th century BC.
- We soon arrive in Athens, the cradle of Western civilisation and capital of Greece. Large and modern, the city is home to some of history's most incredible ruins.
- We begin our journey back in time with a visit to the magnificent Acropolis, the largest ancient complex in the Western world.
- It is impossible not to be enraptured by the Parthenon, dedicated to Athena, patron deity of Athens, a magnificent and perfect architectural work.
- We continue our panoramic tour that will give us the opportunity to visit the Panathenaic Stadium and immortalise it with a photo. It is the only large stadium in the world to be built entirely of white marble.
- We then admire the elegance of the neoclassical buildings such as the University and the National Academy.
- We leave the coach and set off on foot to explore the oldest part of Athens: Plaka, home to elegant neoclassical buildings, ancient monuments and shops with an antique aura, interspersed with typical restaurants, cafés and boutiques. We admire in awe the Old University, the Tower of the Winds, the Ancient Agora and the Choragic Monument to Lisicratus.
Good to know
- The visit to the Acropolis involves a climb and walking on uneven ground. We therefore recommend that you wear comfortable shoes.
- It is strictly forbidden to bring large bags or pushchairs into the Acropolis.
- In order to guarantee the health of our guests, in compliance with the regulations and the respect of the safety protocol, the itineraries and the duration of the excursions may be subject to changes, even if not substantial.