SPECTACLES OF NATURE
Are you sensitive to the beauty of nature? Then this is the tour for you. You'll be able to tell everyone how you saw the dancing lights on the underground Melissani Lake sitting in a row boat. And that you walked through the cypress woods around the village of Assos. Not to mention Myrtos, one of the thirty most beautiful beaches in the world.
- Myrtos beach, on the north western coast of Kefalonia: photo stop from above
- Village of Assos surrounded by cypress trees
- Underground lake of Melissani and its dancing lights
- Monument to the Fallen of the Acqui Division
- The panoramic bus trip will take you through the mountains, hills and woods of Kefalonia. From the heights you'll see Myrtos beach, made up of millions of smooth white pebbles, and the colors of the sea ranging from electric blue to dark blue.
- The village of Assos looks like an island: it stands on an isthmus, a tiny strip of land leading to a mini peninsula covered in vegetation. Our guide will show you around the town, an amphitheater of colored houses overlooking the bay, surrounded by pine and cypress woods.
- Then there is Melissani. Why is this underground lake so special? The cave ceiling collapsed, allowing the sun's rays to penetrate and create dancing lights and colors on the water. You will see them as you glide along the lake in a row boat. Have your smartphone ready because video opportunities like this are few and far between.
- After all this nature, a bit of history with the Monument to the Fallen of the Acqui Division; this honors the Italian soldiers killed by the German army in Kefalonia in 1943.
Good to know
- The panoramic route includes turns and hairpin bends.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.