DISCOVER SOLIN AND TROGIR
Green-pass required, Sightseen, MyExploration, Passepartour, Less than 1 hour walking
Two towns suspended in time: Solin with its incredible archaeological site where time appears to have stood still, and Trogir, where ancient and modern cohabit in a fascinating, unique atmosphere.
GREEN PASS IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EXCURSION, PLEASE CARRY IT WITH YOU. IN CASE YOU DO NOT HAVE IT, YOU CAN OBTAIN IT ONBOARD.
- Solin: Roman ruins, amphitheatre and baths
- Trogir: Cathedral of Saint Lawrence, Town Hall, Cipiko Palace, Public Loggia
- We visit the ancient city of Solin where, unlike frenetic Split, time appears to have stood still at the time of the Romans who created a settlement here of around 40,000 inhabitants. The extent of the Roman ruins makes Solin an archaeological area of fundamental importance, where ancient amphitheatres and Roman baths have been brought to light.
- From Solin we head for Trogir, a little town located on a small island between the larger island of Ciovo and the mainland. Along with immense green parks, we'll discover the spectacular constructions that make Trogir a veritable open-air museum with houses in bright white stone, monasteries, churches and towers.
- We visit the Cathedral of Saint Lawrence, the perfect example of Croatian sacred architecture that dates back to the 13th century. We then head for the town hall and continue towards the Cipiko Palace and the Public Loggia, renowned for its relief work by Niccolò Fiorentino.
- At the end of our panoramic tour we will return to the ship.
Good to know
- Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- In the event of religious celebrations, the visit of the Cathedral will be an external view only.
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to safeguard your health and comply with regulations and the safety protocol.