WALK THROUGH THE HEART OF SPLIT
Green-pass required, Sightseen, My Explorations, Passepartour, From 1 to 3 hours walking
A relaxing walk through central Split to discover its rich Roman and medieval history.
GREEN PASS IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EXCURSION, PLEASE CARRY IT WITH YOU. IN CASE YOU DO NOT HAVE IT, YOU CAN OBTAIN IT ONBOARD.
- Diocletian's Palace
- Cathedral of Saint Domnius
- Temple of Jupiter
- Golden Gate
- We head on foot to the magnificent Palace of the Roman emperor Diocletian, built in the ancient part of the city in the 4th century BC on the request of the emperor himself, who withdrew there following his abdication. We'll visit the building's cellars where, thanks to their perfect state of conservation, we will learn about life in the palace and all the customs of the time.
- We continue towards the Cathedral of Saint Domnius, the city's patron saint, built on the remains of one of the oldest shrines in the world, Diocletian's mausoleum.
- Finally, the visit takes us to the Temple of Jupiter and a few of the main monuments in Split, including the Golden Gate.
Good to know
- Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- This excursion takes place entirely on foot from the ship to the city centre. It is therefore not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- In the event of religious celebrations, the visit of the Cathedral will be an external view only.
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions in order to safeguard your health and comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes and clothing.