ISTANBUL’S PANORAMA AND ATMOSPHERE
In a nutshell A thrilling tour of the city’s main sights to retrace its history, admire the artistic attractions and take in its aromas and colours.
Good to know
- Blue Mosque
- Topkapi Palace
- Hagia Sophia
- Grand Bazaar
- Lunch in a hotel
- Located on the spot where the Golden Horn joins the Bosphorus between the Asian and European continents, Istanbul is considered one of the world’s most famous and fascinating cities.
- It has been a large metropolis throughout its entire history, it was the capital of the Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman Empires and managed to maintain the most significant testimonies of all eras intact despite its troubles incurred down the centuries.
- A thrilling tour to discover the architectural, historic and artistic marvels of Istanbul. The itinerary includes the main sights and enables us to dive into and savour the magical atmosphere of this fabulous city.
- We visit the famous Blue Mosque, one of Istanbul’s main points of reference with its imposing domes, marvellous gardens, six tall slender minarets and richly decorated interiors with blue and turquoise majolica tiles.
- We then spot the few remains of the ancient Hippodrome located nearby, which was the beating heart of the city’s public life for centuries.
- We admire the majestic Topkapi Palace overlooking the water and home to the Sultan’s precious treasure.
- We continue towards Hagia Sophia, an amazing 6th-century cathedral that was turned into a museum during the past century.
- The last stop on this lively tour is particularly charming - the Grand Bazaar, one of the largest covered markets in the world boasting over six thousand stalls selling everything you can imagine.
- The excursion through the ancient capital also includes a pleasant lunch break in a luxury hotel.
Good to know
- The excursion involves some walking.
- Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- To enter the mosque, it is mandatory to cover your shoulders and legs (down to the knees) and remove your shoes.
- Wheelchairs are not allowed to enter the mosque.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with limited mobility.
- The itinerary may be subject to change.
- The visit to the Topkapi Palace Harem is not included in the tour.
- There may be long queues to enter the sights.
- We recommend carrying a bottle of water and wearing a sun hat.
- The covered section of the Bazaar is closed on Sundays and during religious festivities.
- The Grand Bazaar and Spice Markets are closed on national holidays and during religious festivities.