FASCINATING TOUR OF JERUSALEM
Sightseen, Designed for families, Culture & local gems, Less than 1 hour walking, Family friendly, 50
In a nutshell An excursion to discover Jerusalem's most spiritual side that will take us to the places that make this fascinating and evocative city unique.
Good to know
- Modern districts
- Dormition Abbey
- Jerusalem's old town
- We will leave the port of Haifa and travel to Jerusalem. On reaching the city, we will take a panoramic tour of the most modern districts before reaching a lookout point that boasts stunning views of this city with a history that stretches back thousands of years.
- The excursion will continue on to Mount Zion where we will visit the beautiful Dormition Abbey, where the Virgin Mary is said to have fallen into an 'eternal sleep'. Then we will continue on to one of the places that is most dear to Christianity, the Cenacle and King David's Tomb.
- After stopping for a delicious, refreshing lunch, the excursion will continue with a visit to Jerusalem's old town. We will travel along Via Dolorosa, the road along which Jesus carried the cross to the site of his crucifixion, and then we will reach the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, which, according to Christian tradition, lies on the site where Jesus was crucified and buried before being resurrected.
- A visit to the Wailing Wall, a holy place for Jews, cannot be missed. Before getting back on board, we will have free time to buy some souvenirs.
Good to know
- Entrance to the Holy Sepulchre is not included.
- The excursion involves walking for about 2 hours, it is therefore recommended to wear comfortable shoes.
- Clothing that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended (ladies are expected to wear a scarf covering shoulders and arms; neither ladies nor gents are allowed to wear shorts).
- Delays are expected when entering the Basilica of the Holy Sepulchre.
- This tour is not recommended for guests
with mobility problems.
- The coach transfer to Jerusalem takes
approximately 3 hours each way.