PAPHOS AND SURROUNDINGS (Full Day)
Culture, Shopping, Meal included
Paphos represents a wealth of historic, archaeological and natural attractions. With its Roman villas, ancient tombs, beaches and breath-taking views, we will set off on the discovery of this multi-faceted location.
- House of Dionysos and the King's Tombs
- Beach relaxation break
- Aphrodite's Rock
- Picturesque port city located on the south-western coast of Cyprus, Paphos is one of the most appreciated locations on the island, the perfect choice for art and archaeology enthusiasts who are not opposed to relaxing on the beach looking out ahead to the Mediterranean Sea.
- The city, which was capital of the island in the Roman Period, preserves interesting historic traces and has been declared a UNESCO Heritage Site. After visiting the centre, we will enter the House of Dionysos, a rich residence which archaeologists dedicated to the God of wine who is frequently depicted on the splendid mosaics which adorn the villa.
- Approximately two kilometres north-east of Paphos, the King's Tombs await, a necropolis dug into stone on a mountain rising from the sea and which dates back to about the 4th century BC, nestled within a maze of underground tunnels.
- At the end of the visit, we will head to a hotel, where it is possible to refresh body and mind lounging on a beach or - seasonal climate permitting - taking a dip in the pool. During this relaxation break, we will sample the buffet lunch and wave goodbye to beautiful Paphos.
- On the return toward Limassol, we will enjoy another break to admire Aphrodite's Rock on the beach, which according to Greek mythology, is the birthplace of love and beauty.
Good to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.?