PANORAMIC EXPRESS MALTA
Panorama, PasseparTour, Shopping
An excursion that will allow you to discover the best of La Valletta and Mdina besides giving you an overview of its history and architecture - two essential goals for all the visitors of the island.
What we will see
- La Valletta: Magisterial Palace, the Co-Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, the 'Barracca Gardens'
- Mdina: the 'Palazzo Falzon,' and the Sicilian-Norman Cathedral.
What we will do
- You will leave the port by bus to discover La Valetta, capital of the island defined as 'a place built by Knights for Knights'. The city is presented by a wide range of charming Squares, Cathedrals and Palaces enclosed perfectly in its well preserved walls of the XVI century. Here you will have time to see: the impressive Magisterial Palace with its rich tapestries, frescoes and friezes, a reminiscent of the great Turkish siege and also the Palace houses: the President and Parliament of Malta. Or maybe the Co-Cathedral of St. John the Baptist and the adjoining Museum, where you will be able to admire authentic Baroque masterpieces, marble commemorative graves of the Knights of St. John and an extraordinary collection of Flemish tapestries, not to mention the wonderful 'Beheading of St. John the Baptist' by Caravaggio.
- Don't miss 'Barracca Gardens' from where you will be able to contemplate a wonderful view of the Bay.
- Then you will go towards Mdina, the old political center of Malta, located on a rocky outcrop about 15 km west of La Valetta. The city was founded more than 3,000 years ago and it preserves many buildings of Norman and Baroque style with many narrow cobbled streets. Mdina still retains the title of 'Notable City' due to the many aristocratic families who still live there.
- Discover beautiful monuments like the 'Palazzo Falzon' built in 1495 in Norman style and you will also contemplate the beautiful Central Square dominated by the Cathedral Sicilian-Norman and the Catholic Church dating from the XI century that survived the earthquake of 1693.
What you need to know
- Entrance fees are not included
- This excursion does not feature a guide?