DISCOVERING PARIS: THE CITY OF LIGHT
Kultur, Shopping, Lunch not included
A whole day dedicated to discovering Paris and the monuments that make the City of Light one of the most fascinating capital cities in the world, a richly cultural place immersed in a romantic atmosphere.
What we will see
- Paris: Champs-Élysées, Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame Cathedral, Place de la Concorde
What we will do
- We will spend a whole day exploring Paris and its monuments that symbolise French grandeur, starting with the Champs-Élysées , one of the broadest, most majestic avenues in Paris and one of the most famous streets in the world. For around 3 km it is lined with shops, luxury hotels, restaurants and cafés.
- From here we will move on to have a photo stop at the Eiffel Tower , originally built for the Universal Exhibition of 1889 and the symbol of the French capital. The 324 m high structure, the highest in Paris, is divided into three levels that are open to the public and accessed either by lift or stairs.
- Our tour will then take us to Notre-Dame cathedral , a perfect example of Gothic architecture built on the Île de la Cité between 1163 and 1344 which became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1991.
- The various stages of our tour also include a stop at the famous Place de la Concorde , designed by the architect Ange-Jacques Gabriel and famous for having become the bloody stage of the Revolution when over a thousand people were guillotined here, including Robespierre and Marie Antoinette.
What you need to know
- The excursion is reserved for guests who do not disembark at Le Havre.
- The coach transfer to Paris takes approximately 3 hours each way.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.