THE NORMANDY LANDING BEACHES
Panorama, Culture, Meal included
An unmissable excursion to explore the sites where the allies landed in Normandy on D Day and relive an event that changed the history of Europe and the whole world.
What we will see
- Landing beaches
- D-Day Museum
- Arromanches and the floating harbour
- Omaha beach
- American cemetery of Colleville-sur-Mer
What we will do
- On this day excursion we plunge into the past, discovering the Normandy beaches where the allies landed on 6 June 1944. Visiting the D Day sites we will learn more about the events and the methods of military intervention and remember the heroism of the allied forces.
- At the D-Day Museum we will discover scale models, dioramas and films that depict, in incredible detail, the tremendous efforts and sacrifices of the allies during Operation Overlord (the code name for the landings) and the construction of Mulberry artificial harbours.
- We will then travel to Arromanches, another beach at the centre of events where the remains of the floating harbour where thousands of allied soldiers embarked are still visible.
- Our tour will end with a visit to another historic beach, Omaha, sadly known as Bloody Omaha due to the heavy losses suffered by American troops.
- At the summit of the hill that dominates the beach we will visit the American cemetery of Colleville-sur-Mer where, in an English-style green field filled with perfectly aligned, immaculate white crosses, 10,000 American soldiers are buried. The emotion is almost palpable.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available. The excursion is reserved for guests who do not disembark at Le Havre.