GENOA: FLAVORS, HISTORY AND ODDITIES
Green-pass required, Discovery & taste, Culture & local gems , Less than 1 hour walking, 52
You'll feel like a Genoese for a day. From the Castelletto belvedere to the old town, in the heart of the city, to discover its soul. You'll be granted an exclusive admission to the Imperial Palace, where a private visit and an exquisite tasting of “Liguria” await you. By the way, have you ever eaten panissa?
- Lanterna lighthouse
- Spianata Castelletto: the city's belvedere
- Via Garibaldi and the Secret Garden of Palazzo Lomellino
- Imperial Palace with food tasting
- Christopher Columbus' House, Porta Soprana
- Doge's Palace, Ancient Port, Via San Lorenzo, Sotto Ripa Arcades
- You'll enter Genoa by bus and be welcomed immediately by the Lanterna, a symbol of the city and a reference point for sailors.
- In Castelletto, one of the oldest and most elegant districts of Genoa, you see the whole city from east to west, with the old town at your feet.
- In the city center, on Via Garibaldi, among the sixteenth century noble palaces, is the Secret Garden of Palazzo Lomellino, a UNESCO Heritage Site. And you'll be able to visit it. Don't be surprised if you see a stone boar nestled in a cave of stalactites, mythological statues of satyrs and Bacchus playing the bagpipes.
- You can now look forward to an exclusive and private admission to the Imperial Palace. You'll start by visiting it with the guide and then enjoy a food tasting of focaccia, meat balls and panissa, the fried polenta balls made with a chickpea flour dough.
- Before you head back, walk along the distinctive Sotto Ripa arcades opposite the port. There's a whole world to discover here and we've arranged for an traveling actor to tell us something about it, for example... no, come on, no spoilers.
Good to know
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.
- This is one of the most popular excursions so book early.
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.