ROMAN TREASURES: FROM SACRED TO PAGAN ART
Green-pass required, Sightseen, Culture & local gems , From 1 to 3 hours walking, 50
The sacred and pagan treasures of Rome as you've never seen them before. From Bernini to Michelangelo, Botticelli to Perugino. No queue to enter the Vatican Museums: you'll get priority access. Lunch like a true Roman with the legendary saltimbocca and then on to the Colosseum for a walk through history up to the Campidoglio. GREEN PASS IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EXCURSION, PLEASE CARRY IT WITH YOU. IN CASE YOU DO NOT HAVE IT, YOU CAN OBTAIN IT ONBOARD.
- Vatican City, Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
- St. Peter's Square and Basilica (external visit)
- Colosseum (external visit), Arch of Constantine, Roman Forum
- Piazza Venezia, Victor Emmanuel II Monument and Campidoglio
Waiting for you in Rome will be your guide, ready to lead you through a day filled with art, culture and culinary traditions.First stop, the Vatican Museums, with no queues, to admire the collections of paintings, sculptures and frescoes from classical to Renaissance art.Second stop is the Sistine Chapel with frescoes by Botticelli, Ghirlandaio and Perugino, and ”The Last Judgment” by Michelangelo, with one of the most universally recognized artistic images: the contact between the finger of God and that of man. You'll emerge into St. Peter's Square, overlooked by the Basilica built upon the tomb of St. Peter. It's lunch time and, once again, Rome offers the best you can find. The break in a local restaurant will give you a chance to enjoy traditional dishes like pasta all'amatriciana, as part of a seasonal menu chosen for you. In the afternoon, you'll proceed to the third stop on the tour, dedicated to the Colosseum, a symbol of the greatness of ancient Rome and one of the seven wonders of the modern world. You'll immediately picture yourself caught up in the battles between gladiators and wild animals. This is the heart of what remains of Ancient Roman civilization, with the Arch of Constantine and the Imperial Forum*. Walking to the Victor Emmanuel II Monument in Piazza Venezia you'll see the Campidoglio, yet another of Michelangelo's masterpieces.
Good to know
- The bus journey from the port to Rome takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Wear suitable clothing for the places of worship you will be visiting.
- When there are religious festivals, the visit to the basilica will be limited to the outside.
- In the event of unscheduled closures, entry to St. Peter's Basilica is not guaranteed.
- Menus may vary according to season to ensure the constant high quality of the dishes served.
- Before booking the excursion or once on board, contact the excursion office to check the availability of vegetarian or gluten-free dishes and to report any food intolerances.
- Slight changes may be made to itineraries and the length of excursions to protect your health and to comply with regulations and the safety protocol.