TOUR OF CASABLANCA, HASSAN II MOSQUE (Excursion included in the World Cruise fare)
Designed for families, Culture & local gems , From 1 to 3 hours walking, Family friendly
A tour to explore the architectural, cultural and religious treasures of the tourist capital of Morocco, without forgetting the modern part of the city.
- Royal Palace (external visit)
- Notre Dame de Lourdes (photo stop)
- Mohammed V Square
- Hassan II Mosque
- Our tour starts on the Boulevard de la Resistance and we soon realise that Casablanca has little in common with Morocco's old imperial cities; Casablanca is very cosmopolitan and 'western', and quite different from the image portrayed by the cinematic myth.
- We head for the Royal Palace and the Law Courts, which we can admire from the outside. In this part of the city we have the opportunity to see typical crafts shops and the picturesque olive market.
- We then venture into the Habous quarter to admire the modern church of Notre Dame de Lourdes and cross the Mohammed V Square.
- At the next stop we visit the magnificent Hassan II Mosque, the world's biggest mosque after the one in Mecca.
- We complete our Casablanca excursion with a spectacular panoramic tour along the Corniche.
- Along the way we can see the Anfa residential quarter, named after the city that was destroyed by the Portuguese in the 16th century and subsequently rebuilt by them with the name of Casablanca. We take opportunity to visit the tourist destination of Ain Diab, the most 'western looking' part of the city, with splendid swimming pools hidden among the rocks and a high concentration of beach clubs, restaurants, bars and night clubs.
- Our excursion ends with a stop at either one of the famous Berber pharmacies or a bazaar where the health benefits of the Argan tree and Argan oil, a typical local product, will be illustrated.
Good to know
- Appropriate clothing is recommended for access to the holy places.
- Shoulders and knees must be covered while visiting the mosque.
- In case of religious celebrations or holidays, the tour will visit but not enter the Hassan II Mosque.
- It is not necessary to book this tour on the web since it is included in the price of your cruise.