THE CHARM OF OSLO
Sightseen, Culture & local gems, Less than 1 hour walking
Discover Oslo, the capital of Norway, a gem set among the wood-covered hills and fjord waters dotted with numerous islands. We will be captivated by its monuments and numerous sights.
- Viking Ship Museum
- Fram Museum
- Vigeland Park
- Oslo city centre
- Our tour starts from the jetty towards the Viking Ship Museum. The three ships on display date back to the 9th century and are in excellent condition. They represent an excellent example of Viking innovation and skill. The ships were used for long journeys and to bury chiefs. A collection of domestic utensils found during the excavations is also on display.
- Our next stop will take us to the Fram Museum, housing a ship built in 1892 used to explore the most extreme places on Earth - the North and the South Pole. On display are many documents, images and information on the most famous polar expeditions carried out by the Norwegians and international crews.
- We will then reach the Vigeland park for a guided walking tour. The park covers 32 hectares and there are over 200 sculptures created by sculptor Gustav Vigeland, who also designed the park. The artist never explained his work, so visitors can interpret them as they please. It will be interesting and fascinating to discover this world of stone, iron and bronze human beings. Among the most famous sculptures, there is the 17 metre-high Monolith at the centre of this beautiful park.
- The last stop on the tour is the City Centre, where we will admire the buildings that make up the beautiful heart of the city such as the Parliament, Royal Palace and City hall.
- We will go back to the ship after the tour.
Good to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.