PANORAMIC TOUR OF TRONDHEIM AND A SKI JUMPING ARENA
After an interesting tour of the major landmarks of Trondheim, we arrive at the Granåsen Ski-jumping Arena where thrilling events such as the Nordic combined World Cup and the Ski-jumping World Cup took place.
What we will see
- Munkegata: the main street of Trondheim
- Nidaros Cathedral (outside visit)
- Panoramic stop
- Granåsen Ski-jumping Arena
- Trøndelag Folk Museet
What we will do
- We leave the port by coach and head for the city centre.
- We then come to Nidaros Cathedral, originally built in 1070 but subsequently restructured on numerous occasions which have given it a Gothic-Romanesque style. It is one of the most beautiful and imposing cathedrals in the Scandinavian peninsula and the best preserved Gothic building in Northern Europe. Trondheim and the whole of Norway are very proud of this magnificent Cathedral.
- After admiring the Cathedral we have a break in a panoramic belvedere.
- We then proceed to the Granåsen Ski-jumping Arena. The ceramic surface of the slides and the artificial turf enable access to the trampoline throughout the whole year and not just during the winter.
- At this point we go to the Sverresborg Trøndelag Folkmuseet. This open air museum illustrates everyday life and traditions of the Trøndelag region. A selection of buildings from all over the region were dismantled and then reassembled in the museum, in order to provide real insight into life and the architectural style of the past.
- After this visit we return to the port by coach.
What you need to know
- In case of inclement weather appropriate clothing is recommended.
- As this excursion is conducted mainly on foot, you are advised to wear comfortable shoes.