UNIQUE LAPLAND HELSINKI WINTER WORLD: A TASTE OF LAPLAND IN THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER
An unusual excursion in sub-zero temperatures: enjoy dog sledding, ice cold drinks and fun Finnish winter activities before returning to Helsinki to admire and visit some of the Finnish capital's most interesting sights.
What we will see
- Unique Lapland Helsinki Winter World: fun winter activities, husky dog sledding, Ice Bar
- Helsinki: Senate Square, Market Square, city centre
- Sibelius Park and Monument
What we will do
- After leaving the port of Helsinki we will cross the city by coach to the Unique Lapland Helsinki Winter World, a mini Lapland built indoors in a huge hall, using snow and ice. Snow attractions and activities are available in any weather - fun and excitement guaranteed!
- The temperature at the Winter World is constantly kept below zero to guarantee the fun typically Finnish winter activities: kick sledding, fun skiing, sliding hill... You can also visit the igloos, a maze and Ice Bar, where also the glasses are made of pure ice!
- At the entrance to the centre we will be provided with thermal clothing and boots that will allows us to stay as comfortable as possible while taking advantage of the attractions.
- You will also meet a Team of Alaskan huskies and have a short husky ride, driven by a professional musher.
- After an enjoyable and refreshing stop in Winter World, we will return to Helsinki, admiring some of the main monuments and sites of interest en route.
- Once in the centre, we will make a photo stop before visiting Senate Square and Market Square.
- We will be able to take advantage of some free time to explore the city centre, before setting off once again for Sibelius Park, where we will get a close-up view of the monument dedicated to the famous Finnish composer and violinist.
- After completing this final stage of our tour, we will return to the ship.
What you need to know
- We recommend wearing suitable clothing.
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.