SIGHTSEEING TOUR OF HELSINKI AND VISIT TO THE SAVIJÄRVI ESTATE
Panorama, Culture, Tasting
A relaxing excursion among Helsinki’s main monuments and a historic estate passing by a small church dedicated to sailors. A unique occasion to appreciate elements of contrast and continuity between the urbanised Finnish capital and the rural tranquillity of its surroundings without renouncing a brief spiritual moment or the conviviality of a tasting session.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour from Helsinki’s city centre
- Mannerheimintie, Parliament, Olympic Stadium and Market Square
- Tasting session with typical local products
- Rural church of St. Sigfrid
What we will do
- Our sightseeing tour starts in the centre of Helsinki and will make its way around the Finnish capital's main points of interest.
- We admire Mannerheimintie, one of the city’s main roads, and the Parliament building, the setting of many crucial moments in the nation’s political life, then of course we pass by the Olympic Stadium whose construction ended in 1938 for the 12th Olympic Games that should have been held in Helsinki in 1940 and was however annulled due to the start of the Second World War, and finally “Kauppatori”, the famous market square.
- Afterwards, we leave the city and head to the Savijärvi estate approximately 30 km from Helsinki and unchanged for the past 100 years. In a green country oasis , we stop to enjoy a few typical local products - home-made cakes, soft fruit and a cup of coffee or tea - and experience the emotion of Finish rural life as told by the family who has been running the estate for three generations.
- We make our way back to Helsinki through the lovely rural landscape. As we drive through the village of Sipoo, we can admire the small church of St. Sigfried and its cemetery dating back to Late Medieval times. Built in the 15th century, the church was a meeting place for the families of sailors who would offer up prayers for their safe return.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.